Here’s another chili cheese dog appetizer recipe! This is perfect for a potluck or when you’re hosting a party.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 – 8 ounce package of cream cheese – softened
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of water
- Manning’s Chili – Original or Hot N’ Spicy – you choose! Make sure it’s thawed out.
- 1 can of crescent roll dough
- 1 package of cocktail wieners
- Chives (optional)
- Tortilla Chips (for when you run out of cocktail wieners or if you have people who prefer chips)
- Combine Manning’s Chili and cup of water in a saucepan. Stir until combined. Simmer until heated.
- Remove the heated chili from the burner, then combine chili, cream cheese, and 1 ½ cups of shredded cheese. Set aside the remaining ½ cup of cheese for later. Stir until combined.
- Spray an 8 inch pie plate (or something similar that can go into the oven) with cooking spray. Then pour the chili mixture into the plate.
- Unroll the crescent dough and cut each triangle into 3 long triangular shaped dough.
- Roll one cocktail wiener in each strip of dough to make “pigs in a blanket”.
- Place your Pigs in a Blanket around the outer edge of the dish. Place any additional Pigs in a Blanket in another baking dish and cook separately.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese in the center of the chili mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until your Pigs in a Blanket are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add fresh chives. (Optional)
Set it out and serve! Be sure to bring out the additional Pigs and a Blanket and the tortilla chips. This dip is perfect for both!