18 December 2019
Having the same old Sloppy Joes can be boring after a while. Mix is up with this Chili Cheese Sloppy Joe recipe!
This recipe serves 6 people.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brioche buns
- ½ – 1 pound of ground beef – Manning’s chili has beef in it already. How much extra beef you add is up to you and what consistency you want your Sloppy Joes to be!
- 1 white onion – chopped
- 1 green bell pepper – chopped
- Any other vegetables of your choosing – red bell pepper, celery, zucchini or carrots (optional)
- 1 cup of water
- Manning’s Chili – Original or Hot N’ Spicy – you choose! Make sure it’s thawed out.
- Any additional toppings – sour cream, cheddar cheese, etc.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, combine ground beef (if you choose to add extra beef), green bell pepper and ¾ of the onion. Set aside the remaining onion for later. If you added any extra vegetables, add it in with the pepper and onion.
- Reduce the heat and add in the thawed-out Manning’s Chili and 1 cup of water. Cook everything combined until your mixture becomes “sloppy” or the consistency you want it.
- Spoon your mixture onto the brioche buns and top with whatever else you want! This could be sour cream, the rest of the onion, shredded cheese, etc.
Enjoy your new Sloppy Joe recipe!