09 December 2019
Tis the season for friends, family, and holiday parties. Here’s an easy chili dog appetizer recipe that will help you be the favorite for those potluck dinners!
This recipe serves 6-8 people.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 baguette
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hot dogs, depending on the length of your baguette
- Manning’s chili – Hot N’ Spicy or Original – you choose
- Tin foil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut a small “V” down the length of the baguette and pull out some of the bread inside of the baguette, creating a boat. Create the “V” by cutting at an angle down each side of the baguette. It doesn’t have to be perfect. You just need to be able to create a boat for the hot dogs.
- Sprinkle 1 cup cheddar on the bottom of the baguette – set the other 1/2 cup to the side for later.
- Place hot dogs end to end in the baguette until filled. You might have to cut the hot dogs to make them fit.
- Spoon chili over hot dogs and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar.
- Place the baguette on the tin foil and fold the foil up and over the baguette. Do not fold it so it is directly over the chili and cheese – give it a little breathing room.
- Bake for roughly 25 minutes. You want this warmed all the way through and to be melted.
- Let cool slightly, then slice into 3″-long segments.
Set it out and serve!