04 December 2019
We know what you’re thinking…cornbread waffles…whaaaaatttttt? Just trust us! This is a fun and savory recipe for the family.
This recipe is for 5 servings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 2 large eggs
- Manning’s Chili – Hot N’ Spicy or Original – you choose
- Any additional toppings for your chili! Sour cream, cheese, etc.
Preheat waffle iron.
In a large bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Add milk, oil, and eggs and stir until smooth, but don’t over-mix.
Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour batter onto hot waffle iron and bake in batches.
Serve with chili over top.
Don’t forget to add any extra toppings for your chili!