21 February 2020
If you’re tired of regular calzones, mix it up with this mini chili calzone recipe!
This recipe serves: 16
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 10 pieces of bacon – chopped
- ½ cup of bell pepper – chopped
- ½ cup of onion – chopped
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 package of Manning’s Chili – Original or Hot N’ Spicy – you choose!
- 1 cup of water
- 4 – 8 ounce packages of crescent roll dough – refrigerated
- 2 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F
- In a large pan, cook your chopped bacon strips, bell pepper, and onion for 10 minutes or until crisp, then drain.
- In either the same pan or a different pan, combine your chopped mixture in with 1 cup of water, Manning’s Chili, and hot sauce. Simmer until heated. Then set aside for later.
- Roll out your crescent dough into a large rectangle and press over the perforations to seal. Do this for all 4 packages
- Cut each rectangle into 8 squares. You should have a total of 32 squares.
- Take 16 squares and top them with a spoonful of chili mixture and some shredded cheese. Put as much or as little cheese on there as you’d like!
- Take the remaining 16 squares and cover the chili and cheese mixture. Pinch the dough squares together.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Just like our other chili recipes, you can serve with sour cream or any other choice of sides!